Monday 30 June 2008

Vladimir Volegov Yellow Roses painting

Vladimir Volegov Yellow Roses painting
Andrew Atroshenko Ballerina painting
Gilbert Blythe is going to teach too, isn't he?"
"Yes"--briefly.
"What a nice-looking fellow he is," said Marilla absently. "I saw him in church last Sunday and he seemed so tall and manly. He looks a lot like his father did at the same age. John Blythe was a nice boy. We used to be real good friends, he and I. People called him my beau."
Anne looked up with swift interest.
"Oh, Marilla--and what happened?--why didn't you--"
"We had a quarrel. I wouldn't forgive him when he asked me to. I meant to, after awhile--but I was sulky and angry and I wanted to punish him first. He never came back--the Blythes were all mighty independent. But I always felt--rather sorry. I've always kind of wished I'd forgiven him when I had the chance."
"So you've had a bit of romance in your life, too," said Anne softly.

No comments: