Wednesday 9 July 2008

Claude Monet Boulevard des Capucines painting

Claude Monet Boulevard des Capucines painting
Thomas Kinkade NASCAR THUNDER painting
worn out and moth eaten. Why is it that so many of the words connected with death are so disagreeable? I do wish that the custom of calling a dead body `the remains' could be abolished. I positively shiver when I hear the undertaker say at a funeral, `All who wish to see the remains please step this way.' It always gives me the horrible impression that I am about to view the scene of a cannibal feast."
"Well, all I hope," said Miss Cornelia calmly, "is that when I'm dead nobody will call me `our departed sister.' I took a scunner at this sister-and-brothering business five years ago when there was a travelling evangelist holding meetings at the Glen. I hadn't any use for him from the start. I felt in my bones that there was something wrong with him. And there was. Mind you, he was pretending to be a Presbyterian--Presbytarian, he called it--and all the time he was a Methodist. He brothered and sistered everybody. He had a large circle of relations, that man had. He clutched my hand fervently one night, and said imploringly, `My dear sister Bryant, are you a

No comments: