Monday 7 July 2008

Louis Aston Knight A Bend in the River painting

Louis Aston Knight A Bend in the River painting
Albert Bierstadt Autumn in America Oneida County New York painting
Are you sure of that, Anne?"
"Perfectly sure."
"I'm very, very sorry."
"I wonder why everybody seems to think I ought to marry Gilbert Blythe," said Anne petulantly.
"Because you were made and meant for each other, Anne -- that is why. You needn't toss that young head of yours. It's a fact." "Dear Anne -- spelled -- with -- an -- E," wrote Phil, "I must prop my eyelids open long enough to write you. I've neglected you shamefully this summer, honey, but all my other correspondents have been neglected, too. I have a huge pile of letters to answer, so I must gird up the loins of my mind and hoe in. Excuse my mixed metaphors. I'm fearfully sleepy. Last night Cousin Emily and I were calling at a neighbor's. There were several other callers there, and as soon as those unfortunate creatures left, our hostess and her three daughters picked them all to pieces. I knew they would begin on Cousin Emily and me as soon as the door shut behind us. When we

No comments: