Monday 11 August 2008

Hessam Abrishami paintings

Hessam Abrishami paintings
Howard Behrens paintings
Henri Fantin-Latour paintings
the first conception, a girl and a boy, who of course went south with them in due time. The whole family rejoined for his second migration north, and both children had married close by, so that he knew his five grandchildren well. He and his wife had spent most of their third season in the south in different cities; she, a teacher of astronomy, had gone farther south to the Observatory, while he stayed in Terke Keter to study with a group of philosophers. She died very suddenly of a heart attack. He attended her funeral. Soon after that he made the trek back north with his son and grandchildren. "I didn't miss her till I came ," he said, factually. "But to come there to our house, to live there without her—that wasn't something I could do. I happened to hear that someone was needed to greet the strangers on this island. I had been thinking about the best way to die, and this seemed a sort of halfway point. An island in the middle of the ocean, with not another soul of my people on it... not quite , not quite death. The idea amused me. So I am here." He was well over three Ansar years old; getting on for

No comments: