Monday 29 September 2008

John William Waterhouse paintings

John William Waterhouse paintings
John Singer Sargent paintings
Jean-Leon Gerome paintings
bare feet. I turned the handle, but the door was locked and I could hear Guy’s breathing through the door; he must have been pressed against it on the other side.
“D’you always lock your bedder door?” I asked, and at the sound of my voice, I heard him sigh with relief.
“Hullo, Dick. You quite startled me. What do you want?”
So I went in and talked to him; he always slept with his door locked now, and his light on; he was very much scared but after a few minutes he became calmer and soon I went away, but behind me I heard him lock his door.
Next day he avoided me until evening; then he came in again and asked if he might work. I said:
“Look here, Guy, tell me what is the matter with you.” And almost immediately I wished that I had not asked him, because he poured out his answers so eagerly.

No comments: