Wednesday 11 February 2009

Alexandre Cabanel Ophelia

Alexandre Cabanel OpheliaAlexandre Cabanel CleopatraThomas Gainsborough The Watering Place
Well, there I'll stop. Here's my card so you can get in touch. I shouldn't leave it too long; the funding committee meets tomorrow, as you know. But you can reach me at this number at any time."
He gave a card to "Well, I think I can see it more clearly than you can. If you said no, they wouldn't close this place down. They'd take it over. If they're as interested as he says, they'll want it to carry on. But only on their terms."Oliver Payne, and seeing Dr. Malone with her arms still folded, laid one on the bench for her. Dr. Payne held the door for him. Sir Charles set his Panama hat on his head, patted it gently, beamed at both of them, and left.When he'd shut the door again, Dr. Payne said, "Mary, are you mad? Where's the sense in behaving like that?""I beg your pardon? You're not taken in by that old creep, are you?""You can't turn down offers like that! Do you want this project to survive or not?""It wasn't an offer," she said hotly. "It was an ultimatum. Do as he says, or close down. And, Oliver, for God's sake, all those not-so-subtle threats and hints about national security and so on—can't you see where that would lead?"

No comments: