Friday 20 March 2009

George Bellows Dempsey and Firpo

George Bellows Dempsey and FirpoCaravaggio The Sacrifice of IsaacCaravaggio The MusiciansCaravaggio St JeromeCaravaggio Narcissus
you could just tuck it under my arm, then. . . Have you ever heard of plumbing, Dios?'
The 'I am afraid all the girls I know are in Ankh-Morpork,' said Teppic airily, knowing in his heart that this broad statement referred to Mrs Collar, who had been his bedder in the sixth form, and one of the serving wenches who'd taken a shine to him and always gave him extra gravy. (But . . . and his blood pounded at the memory.. . there had been the annual Assassins' priest snapped his fingers at one of the attendants. 'No, sire,' he said, and leaned forward. 'This is the Asp of Wisdom. I'll just tuck it in here, shall I?' 'It's like buckets, but not as, um, smelly.' 'Sounds dreadful, sire. The smell keeps bad influences away, I have always understood. This, sire, is the Gourd of the Waters of the Heavens. If we could just raise our chin . . .' 'This is all necessary, is it?' said Teppic indistinctly. 'It is traditional, sire. If we could just rearrange things a little, sire. . . here is the Three-Pronged Spear of the Waters of the Earth; I think we will be able to get this finger around it. We shall have to see about our marriage, sire.' 'I'm not sure we would be compatible, Dios.' The high priest smiled with his mouth. 'Sire is pleased to jest, sire,' he said urbanely. 'However, it is essential that you marry.'

No comments: