Thursday 2 April 2009

Bartolome Esteban Murillo Madonna and Child

Bartolome Esteban Murillo Madonna and ChildFrancisco de Zurbaran Still lifeAlbert Bierstadt The Last of the Buffalo
to make some money and impress dad, because dad was against -‘ She picked up the poker and gave the fire a more That’s what I’ve always said,’ she said.’And do you know what, Bill Door? Do you know what I thought?’
NO, MISS FLITWORTH.
‘It was the day before we were going to be wed, like I said. And then one of his pack ponies came back by itself and then the men went and found the avalanche . . . and you know what I thought? I thought, that’s ridiculous. That’s stupid. Terrible, isn’t it? Oh, I thought other things afterwardsferocious jab than it deserved.‘Anyway, some folk said he ran away to Farferee or Ankh-Morpork or somewhere, but I know he wouldn’t have done something like that.’ The penetrating look she gave Bill Door nailed him to the chair.He felt quite proud of himself for spotting the question within the question.MISS FLITWORTH, THE MOUNTAINS CAN BE VERY TREACHEROUS IN THE WINTER.She looked relieved. ‘

No comments: