Sunday 5 October 2008

Carl Fredrik Aagard Villa at Lake Como painting

Carl Fredrik Aagard Villa at Lake Como paintingCarl Fredrik Aagard Lodge on Lake Como paintingCarl Fredrik Aagard Amalfi dia Cappuccini painting
The barber did his work with extraordinary dexterity indeed, with agility, for he stood like a swordsman in a ballet sometimes on the point of one foot, sometimes on the other, lightly flicking the lather off his blade, and swooping back to my chin as the ship righted herself; I should not have dared use a safety razor on myself. The telephone rang again.
It was my wife.
‘How are you Charles?’
‘Tired.’
‘Aren’t you coming to see me?’
‘I came once. I’ll be in again.’
I brought her the flowers from the sitting-room; they completed the atmosphere of a maternity ward which she had managed to create in the cabin; the stewardess had the air of a midwife, standing by the bed, a pillar of starched linen and composure. My wife turned her head on the pillow and

No comments: