Saturday 4 October 2008

Thomas Kinkade Autumn Snow painting

Thomas Kinkade Autumn Snow paintingEdward Hopper Tables for Ladies paintingEdward Hopper Sunlight in a Cafeteria painting
have to go back. I don’t know what is usual about the bridesmaids’ dresses.’
‘Just a moment,’ said Rex. ‘Just a moment. Maybe you can stop us marrying in your cathedral. All right, to hell, we’ll be married in a Protestant church.’ ‘I can stop that, too,’ said Lady Marchmain.
‘But I don’t think you will, mummy,’ said Julia. ‘You see, I’ve been Rex’s mistress for some time now, and I shall go on being, married or not.’ ‘Rex, is this true?’
‘No damn it, it’s not, ‘ said Rex. ‘I wish it were.’

‘I see we shall have to discuss it all again in the morning,’ said Lady Marchmain faintly. ‘I can’t go on any more now.’
And she needed her son’s help up the stairs.
‘What on earth made you tell your mother that?’ I asked, when, years later, Julia described the scene to me.

No comments: